Ever since I was little, I’ve never been a big fan of mayonnaise – there was just something about the taste. It wasn’t until one day over winter break, when I home visiting from college, that I discovered Vegenaise in the fridge. “What in the world is this?” I thought. “Enjoy real mayonnaise taste with our world-famous, egg-free and all natural Vegenaise® Dressing and Sandwich Spread!” Hmm…well, I’m always willing to try something new, so I opened the jar and tried a little before using in on my sandwich. I was extremely surprised by how amazing this tasted, especially given the fact I hate mayo. It was creamy, had amazing flavor AND was vegan. After that, I was and still am hooked. I use Vegenaise for anything and everything – especially this Broccoli Slaw!
This slaw is perfect alone, as a side or even as a topping for a burger, turkey dog or piece of salmon! Like any recipe I post, you can always modify the ingredients to your taste preferences.
- 1 package broccoli slaw
- 1/3 – 1/2 red pepper, washed and diced into 1/4” pieces
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 4 ounces Vegenaise
- Handful golden raisins (optional)
- Sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Add the vegenaise and whisk again.
- Add the broccoli slaw, bell pepper and raisins (if using) and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings (sometimes I add a little crushed red pepper).
- Chill until cold. Drain off excess liquid before serving, if necessary. Enjoy!